As Canada’s #1 circuit breaker specialist, it’s pretty clear that we have a good idea of what separates a quality product from one that won’t cut it. A lot of folks think that a product needs to be new to be able to perform at the levels they expect, and while that is true, reconditioned products need not be overlooked.
At Civic, we specialize in recycled and reconditioned circuit breakers. We do this for a number of reasons and chief among them is that we believe we can provide a product that performs just as well as something new, but for a relative bargain. Not only do we believe in providing our clients with value for the products they choose to buy, but we back this value up with a one year, 100% guarantee of performance. We don’t expect our customers to buy products of a lower quality, nor would we provide one to them, which is what makes our guarantee so important.
Facts on Reconditioned Products
Instead of merely paying lip service to our guarantee and our reconditioned products, we want to share what makes these products perform at the highest levels. This starts and ends with the rigorous testing we put all of our products through before we put them to market. With that in mind, we would like to share a little bit about how extensive our testing actually is, as we’re happy to pull back the curtain and share with our customers all the work we put into getting the products right:
- Our testing standards meet and/or exceed testing standards set out by PEARL, NEMA, NETA, IEEE and even the manufacturers testing standards.
- The reconditioned breakers we sell come with a unique tracking number that corresponds to the test report that goes with your breaker.
- Breakers are first cleaned inside and out then undergo a step by step 36-point visual inspection of the exterior and interior
- Three different pieces of equipment are required in order to fully test a breaker and determine that it is safe, reliable and trips according to the manufacturer’s own trip curve: insulation resistance, contact resistance, and overcurrent trip test
- We also perform Low Voltage Molded Case Circuit Breaker with Thermal Magnetic Trip Inspection. This includes nine important steps to guarantee performance: case, lugs, operating mechanism, interphase separators, arc extinguishers/chutes, arcing contacts, main contacts, current carrying components, and thermal/magnetic trips.
Not only this, we back up all of our testing with written test results which is a sort of insurance policy for our customers. They know exactly how extensive the testing was, so not only do they have a guarantee that the product was put through the proper testing, but they know it will perform to the highest of standards. When there’s a lot at stake these guarantees mean a lot to everyone who is relying on these breakers to do their job
Priority on Safety and Testing Standards
At Civic Recycling, safety and product performance are our two main goals and as you can tell, we take these things very seriously. With our guarantee and the extensive and rigorous testing we put all of our breakers through, we’re extremely confident that our existing customers, and you, will be wholly satisfied with the way our products perform.
Should you want to find out more, don’t hesitate to call in to our sales centre or send an email ([email protected]). We stand by all of our products whether they’re new, recycled, or reconditioned, and we’re always happy to tell you why.